Complaints procedure

Find out how you can give us feedback or make a complaint on any area of our work.

Making a complaint to the Environment Agency

If you're unhappy with the service we have provided, please contact us to discuss your concerns. Our current work standards and timescales are shown on our service commitment page.

How to contact us

Telephone: 03708 506 506 (Mon to Fri, 8am to 6pm)

Online: enquiry form


National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
S60 1BY

Complaints procedure

  1. Submit a complaint to us
  2. If you're not happy with our response to your complaint please let us know. We will escalate it to a senior officer who will consider your complaint and write to you again
  3. If you're still unhappy you can ask for a regional or national director to consider your complaint
  4. If you remain unhappy you can contact the relevant Ombudsman

Contacting the Ombudsman

The Ombudsman is independent of the Environment Agency and will only consider complaints after you have given us the chance to follow the complaints procedure to resolve your concerns.

The  Local Government Ombudsman can only look at complaints about flood defence and land drainage issues.

Telephone: 0300 061 0614

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman can look at complaints about all other aspects of our work. Your complaint must be made through your local Member of Parliament.

Telephone: 0345 015 4033

Contacting the Information Commissioner

If you're unhappy with the way we have managed your request for information or the way we have limited the use or re-use of information, you can contact the Information Commissioner.

Telephone 0303 123 1113